Thursday, June 08, 2006

On toward this coming weekend:

Among other activities this weekend, including perhaps a movie (maybe Cars), some time spent with my wife, son, and daughter, I will be hunting down a good, and filling, location to appease my appetite.


If I can I will be attending the grilled cheese event in Las Vegas this weekend, but I'll have to see. I think the opprotunity would be great, and as a bonus, the trip would be my first, even thoughI live a mere handful of hours away. As I said before I love grilled cheese, and you can never have too many, ok maybe like 150 would make a person explode but you get the point.


Whether I make it to Vegas or not, I plan on eating some sustainance of another kind locally, good 'ol juicy steak. If the Golden Corral Family steakhouse in Gilbert, (Arizona), is alrady fully complete and openen, that will be my first choice, for there is nothing more appetizing than a decent quality buffet, with "real" steak to boot.

Last Saturday when I was on the way to the competition, I took a shortcut from the US 60, to part of the loop 202 heading toward AZ Mills Mall because of traffic backup. I purposely chose stapely-cooper road, because I knew that the resteraunt that I was just speaking of, according to a webpage about real estate listed as nearly complete. Upon a quick passing I noticed that a large near roadside banner said "now hiring". I also noticed that a truck was parked at a door near the rear and unloading bulky items, probably kitchen equiptment, or tables/chairs.

Prior to this one, a toatal of four times I've already attended the one in or near, (not sure), Goodyear. I love the place, but I almost laugh when I get a lifted eyebrow upon making a request for four to five pieces of steak at a time. Supprized, however, the man, or woman, beihind the (glass/plastic?) dutifully fufills my request, although one guy was being stingy and complained when I wanted more than two slices of his "teenie'weenie" maybe 2 oz. slices. I don't take slices anything smaller than 3-5 oz. After about 4-5 plates of steak, chicken and other items plus one or two of desert, I often pat my stomach swearing I won't ever go there, or any buffet place again, just to wish I had eaten more a mere two hours later.

Hopefully this place is open, because could you imagine the bill at pay-as-you-order steak house? If it is not I wa thinking about trying the largest steak 'in town', or at least the largest one I've found.

I noticed a newspaper add in the tribune I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, which highly praised "Dirtwater springs" in Apache Junction, (AZ), a relatively short distance from my house. If the 72 oz. steak and atmosphere is as the article states, I will be well pleased, as I plan to take down the steak, and it's "fixings", down like it an afternoon snack. To be serious about this, you have a whole hour to "finish" what is less than an ordinary Golden Corral visit for me. The leaner the steak, the better! Only one question remains; if I am given a whole one hour time period to clean my plate, then what do I do the rest of the time?

Good luck to those in Vegas this weekend, hopefully I'll be present and share in that fortune!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home